Monday 3 January 2011

The end of a decade!

Wow, so last year seems to have flown past so incredibly quickly!  Where did it go?

As always, people start the year making a whole load of resolutions.  I've never been someone who does that sort of thing, but I think, this year, I'm going to give it a try.  

I haven't thought a huge amount about it, but a couple of things came to mind:

1)  Spend more time working and less time on Facebook
2) Put some money away each week to save up for a big holiday
3) Try and be less touchy and more patient.

I know they may sound a little random, but for me, I think they're quite good ones.  I spend so much time on Facebook, it's ridiculous.  If I was doing a degree in it, I would get a first without a doubt!  I wish I didn't.  I've even done things like getting people to change the password on my account so I couldn't log in, but when they do that, I realise just how much people actually use Facebook now.  Even University uses it to notify us of any new information.   I realised I couldn't do this, so I had to log back onto it, but now, of course, I'm spending far too long on it and not enough time working.

Putting money away.... I've always loved my holidays, but this year, I don't think will be such a great year for them.  My boyfriend and I are putting some money away so we can go on a big trip in 2012 (gosh, that's only next year!)  We haven't yet decided where we'd like to go, but I think both of us would like to go long distance, to somewhere like Thailand or America (Las Vegas and New York).  I've already been to New York, but Joe has never been.  I have never been to Las Vegas, but this is by far, Joe's best holiday.  Our plan is for him to show me around the party capital and for me to show him around the big apple.  
As much as I would love to go to America, part of me wants to go somewhere different.  I've been to America a couple of times now, so I'd like to see somewhere different.  This is where Thailand pops up. I've always wanted to go to Australia but so many people from my school went there for their gap year.  This put me off slightly because it made me think it was "an England moved abroad".  One of my friends went to Thailand and came back with the most incredible pictures and stories.  Thailand is also a place that has been on my list for a while, but never very high up.  Anyway, now I would love to go, so I'm saving up big time to have an incredible trip and fulfil my travelling ambitions.

3)  I must admit, this is going to be hard for me.  I used to be incredibly laid back and patient, but now as soon as I'm stressed, I seem to take it out on Joe.  Obviously I feel absolutely terrible and towards the end of the last term of uni, we had so many arguments.  At one point, I thought we were going to split up, so it really made me realise how much I need him (ugh, how cheesy and cliched... unfortunately, though, it's true!). We made a promise that we weren't going to argue until, at least, after Christmas.  This went really well and we had no arguments at all, which was awesome.  This makes me think that if we really tried, then we could actually have no arguments.  I thought maybe I could start using this blog more and I could write stuff down on here.  I don't know if that would work, but it's better than constantly having arguments isn't it!

No comments:

Post a Comment